Monday, May 21, 2007

We're nearly there - Italy that is




















Jane: We're sitting in the BA lounge at Heathrow waiting for the final leg of the flight to Milan. I feel like we've joined at least eleven queues since Sydney airport - probably because we have. Gotta love all the new airport security procedures. The flights so far have been uneventful, which is as they should be.

I can't believe we're finally about to get to Italy. I have visions of not being able to speak any Italian as I'll just be giggling - not sure I can take myself seriously trying to tell someone I have a reservation... ah well. The challenge will be to stay awake and get into local time. The sun sets at about 9pm in Milan at the moment, so there will be lovely twilight which I don't plan to see tonight.

No comments: